Digital Ad Submissions
Production Requirements for Disk Ads
The Idaho Statesman is a Macintosh environment. If you wish to submit camera ready ads, please follow
our requirements listed below. For more information on how to prepare digital files, please contact:
Acceptable Media for Disk Ads
- Macintosh 100 MB Zip disks
- 1G & 2G Jazz disks
- Macintosh or PC Formatted floppy disks
No other media is accepted. If you do not have access to one of the media types listed here, please
contact your account executive for information on Statesman loaner disks and file transfer options.
Preferred File Formats
- QuarkXpress 4.11
- Adobe Illustrator 9.0
- Documents submitted in PDF format
File formats we can also accept
- Macromedia Freehand 8.0
- Photoshop 6.0 (should be primarily used for support files)
- Microsoft Word 6.0 (for copy and layout suggestions only)
- Pagemaker 6.5
Full page Idaho Statesman grids are available in Retail, Classified, Tabloid formats (front & back) for
these software programs.
- Photoshop files should be used for support files.
- Color and grayscale photos should be saved at approximately the same size they are to run in an ad. Use
a resolution of 100 lines per inch or 200 dots per inch (DPI).
- Color photos must be in CMYK mode.
- Line art should be scanned at actual size at 600 dpi.
- Larger files can be compressed using JPEG.
- All ads should be built using the specified colors used by The Idaho Statesman.
- Always use CMYK process color. PMS spot and RGB colors are not accepted.
- Please refer to a Statesman color chart (available from your account executive) to see the
different process color mix and how they appear on newsprint.